28 Gates, Derwent Valley
Style: Rural retreat
This stunning rural holiday home will capture you heart with the creature comforts it provides. The house is completely self-contained but the special treatment shines through as you are treated to lush linens, a gorgeous free-standing bath and a gourmet breakfast basket with homemade and local provisions.
What we love:
- Complimentary still or sparkling wine and handmade treats will be waiting for you
- Do what the locals do and try Fly Fishing from 28 Gate’s well stocked lakes for a champion rainbow trout!
- Kids will get a kick out of the farm tour available for bookings with an interactive history of the property and friendly farming banter
In the know:
- Bird enthusiasts rejoice! 28 Gates are known to have at least 7 of the 12 endemic birds which are only found in Tasmania
- Take a stroll on dusk and try to spot all of the native animals: wallabies, possums, wombats, echidnas, Tasmanian Devils and 28 Gates own resident platypus!
28 Gates, Derwent Valley
You might also like
Arrival Time: 3.00 | Departure Time: 11.00
28 Gates is a stunning two-story house that will host families or friends wanting to experience Tasmania and it’s natural wonders. The boutique house sleeps up to six people, with three bedrooms, two bathrooms, two living areas and a fully appointed kitchen where you can cook a hearty breakfast with the hamper provided.
The charming house is fit for luxury and relaxation with polished floors made from Tasmanian timbers, comfortable leather sofas, finest bed linen, cosy wood-fire and a free-standing bath which looks out to a clear country sky.
You are surrounded by a vast amount of native wildlife to discover. There’s something so lovely and humbling about sharing your stay with 10,000 sheep on this amazing 5000 acre property.
- Air Conditioned
- Business facilities
- In Room Movies
- Hair Dryer
- Non-smoking establishment
- TV/DVD Player
- BBQ facilities
- Breakfast provisions
- Fishing Rod & Tackle
- Nespresso coffee machine
- Laundry facilities
- WiFi (free)
- CD/radio sound system
- Mini Bar
- Picnic set
- Linen supplied
- Shared Bathroom
28 gates is a boutique luxury in Tasmania's Derwent Valley, one hour's drive west of Hobart, Tasmania.
The closest town is New Norfolk which is a 30 minute drive. It has a supermarket, chemist, bottleshops, library, restaurants and many antique shops and cafes to explore.
28 Gates Boutique Accommodation
2 queen sized bedrooms and 1 king single split bedroom
Full breakfast provisions including free range eggs,bacon,smoked salmon or trout, mushrooms, tomato, yoghurt, fruit, milk, home baked bread, spreads, cereals and apple juice.
We welcome children over 10 years old
Young babies are welcome but we do not provide a cot
Tell us What You Loved and Comment Below
No comments have been added yet. Be the first to add your review!