The Longhouse, Hunter Valley
Style: Minimalist Escape
Styled on a traditional Australian woolshed and set amongst Chardonnay grapevines, this sleek and modern longhouse was designed & built by architecture students, setting it apart from traditional Hunter Valley accommodation. This minimalist escape comprising industrial chic concrete floors contrast with the warmth of timbers in swoon worthy style. This is where the hipsters holiday.
What we love:
- 6m sliding doors brings the outside in
- Cosy log fires, well stocked bookshelf and beanbags
In the Know:
- Wild kangaroos hop around the property
- 48m long communal deck, perfect for entertaining
- 100% of profits go toward architectural community aid projects
The Longhouse, Hunter Valley
You might also like
The Longhouse is styled on a traditional Australian Woolshed. It was designed and built by Architecture students from around Australia. The project was used as a learning tool to give architecture students the opportunity to get hands on and lean how to construct a building. Profits from the use of the building continue to go toward funding joint ventures with the students and architectural aid organisations and Universities to lending assistance to community projects both locally and internationally.
The Longhouse has 3 two bedroom units, designed to suit two couples in each. Super comfortable beds ensure that you sleep soundly and each bedroom has its own ensuite with luxury toiletries and fluffy towels.
Lounge areas look out over the vineyard and open up onto massive decks with sliding walls which create the ultimate in indoor/outdoor lifestyle. In winter snuggle up to your cosy fire with a glass of your favourite red and in summer lounge about in beanbags on the lawn with a glass of bubbles and watch the kangaroos hop by.
The units have fully equipped kitchens, with concrete benches and top of the range kitchen appliances.
Units can be rented as one bedroom subject to availability.
- Air conditioning
- Full kitchen
- Non-smoking establishment
- Refrigerator - full size
- Tea/Coffee Making
- DVD player
- Opening windows
- Iron & ironing board
- Washing machine
Directions to The Longhouse from Sydney:
- Take the F3, and follow the signs to Cessnock.
- When you come in to Cessnock, turn RIGHT at the first light, this will put you onto Vincent St, the main street. Go to the end of Vincent St. (about 3 intersections) to a "T" intersection; veer left at the light, getting into the right hand lane immediately!
- You will now be at another traffic light. Turn right at this light into Wine Country Drive (was Allandale Road). Follow Wine Country Drive for about 5-6 kilometers past the Information Centre.
- You will cross a small bridge, and travel another 500 meters until you come to BROKE Rd. on your left. Turn left onto Broke Rd. Follow Broke Rd for a couple of kilometers until you come to a T intersection with McDonalds Rd.
- Turn right at McDonalds Rd. and travel for about 2 kilometers, and turn left into Palmers Lane. After about 1 km you will see an entrance to The Longhouse on the left.
Cancellations or changes to bookings for this room must be made at least 14 days prior to the check in date and time or you will be charged the full amount of the booking.
Room Configuration: 1 Bedroom
Max # of Persons: 4
two bedroom unit
This unit has two bedrooms, each with king sized beds and 2 luxurious ensuites. The units contain fully kitchens and laundry facilities
one night stay
two king sized beds, two luxury ensuites, full kitchen and lounge. Brand new, modern and funky accommodation. Includes complimentary bottle of Petersons Sparkling wine on arrival
two bedroom mid week
Two king sized bedrooms each with their own ensuite, full kitchen, lounge and laundry. Fantastic views, great location
Tell us What You Loved and Comment Below
No comments have been added yet. Be the first to add your review!